Ignou Post Matric Scholarships 2023: Eligibility, Apply, Benefits, and Status Check. Today our topic of discussion is IGNOU Post Matric Scholarship Program 2023. The ignou Post Matric scholarship programs are a unique initiative of the Government of India, through which the students studying in IGNOU belonging to OBC, Minority, PWD, SC, and ST categories can apply to this scholarship program. However, for this meritorious students belonging to OBC, Minority, PWD, SC, and ST categories can avail the benefits of the IGNOU Scholarship Program. This IGNOU Post Matric scholarship program has opened a new door for students in higher studies at IGNOU.
In this case, the financial assistance they will get through this IGNOU Scholarship Program will enable them to take their higher education goals to a new level. As the government provides financial assistance to meritorious students through the IGNOU Scholarship Program, students belonging to OBC, Minority, PWD, SC, or ST categories will not face any hurdle in completing their higher education at IGNOU University. Because sometimes it happens that a highly meritorious student is unable to pursue his education due to financial difficulties.
So to eliminate this problem all these scholarship programs are given by the government, through which the meritorious students benefit and they can give a new shape to their higher education. That’s why today we will discuss IGNOU Post Matric Scholarship and its eligibility, how to participate in these scholarship programs, benefits, and how students will check their status after participating in the scholarship program.
IGNOU Scholarship 2023
Meritorious students including SC, ST, Minority, OBC, and PWD can avail of benefits through IGNOU Scholarship Program if their family’s financial condition is not good. Then after admission to this IGNOU University, will get financial support through IGNOU Scholarship Program to further their higher education. We have said this information before. The reason for this is that in this case, the student will get a substantial discount on tuition fees, convocation fees, or examination fees So by getting this scholarship they will be able to further their higher education.
However, students belonging to that category should remember that when they take new admission to IGNOU University, they have to submit their category certificate and income certificate to the university authority at the time of admission. Then there will be no difficulty in availing of the benefits of IGNOU scholarship programs. IGNOU is registered with NSP (National Scholarship Portal) and students should also remember that according to the rules of the NSP or National Scholarship Portal, students can participate in these scholarship programs and get benefits after the scholarship approval.
|Scholarship type||Post-matric IGNOU scholarship|
|Issuing Authority||UGC |
Different State Government Departments
|Eligible Category||SC, ST, OBC, Minority, and PWD|
|Scholarship type||Post Matric Scholarship|
|Form Collection||Regional Director at the Regional Centre|
|Scholarship Aim||Fee waiver for students|
Reimbursement of fees
Ignou Post Matric Scholarships Eligibility
There are some eligibility criteria to participate in this scholarship program If all those eligibility criteria matches then students can participate in these scholarship programs. So we will now see what are the mandatory requirements for IGNOU Post Matric Scholarship.
- The student must belong to SC, ST, OBC, or PWD category
- Students not doing any job during study
- Family annual income below 2.5 lakhs for SC and 6.0 lakhs for ST
- The student’s family has a government-authorized income certificate
- Students must have a caste certificate
- Student have their own bank account with a passbook
- Students have the bona fide certificate
- Student’s DOB certificate
- Student’s state of domicile
- Student name as per educational certificate
- Student’s own mobile number
- Student’s own email id
- Student’s identity (Aadhaar card)
IGNOU Scholarship Apply 2023
We can apply for the IGNOU scholarship program in two ways. One is an offline process and the other is an online process In the case of the offline process we have to fill out the form offline and by submitting it at the specified department we can participate in the scholarship program. And in the case of the online process, we have to go to the online website of NSP and fill up the form there and through that form fillup, we can apply for the IGNOU scholarship. Now we will discuss this matter in detail.
IGNOU Scholarship apply offline 2023 process
- You can do this in your own state so you have to go to the Directorate of Social Welfare or the office of Social Welfare.
- Collect the scholarship form from the office of Social Welfare.
- Fill in the scholarship form. Write your institute name and that is IGNOU
- Now submit the IGNOU scholarship form to Regional Director at the Regional Centre where you take admission for the IGNOU programme.
- The purpose for submitting the IGNOU scholarship form to the Regional Director at the Regional Centre because you may need the necessary certification from there.
- You have completed the necessary certification from the Regional director so now you have to collect the IGNOU scholarship form again.
- Now again go to the Directorate of Social Welfare or the office of Social Welfare where you previously collected the form.
- Again submit the IGNOU scholarship form there.
This way you can apply for the IGNOU scholarship but it’s an offline process. If you don’t want to apply offline then you can apply through the online process.
IGNOU Scholarship apply online 2023 process
You can apply for the IGNOU scholarship from your smartphone or PC. You can also use the UMANG app to apply for the IGNOU scholarship. The process is simple. We have to fill in the online application through NSP official site. The online process is completed in 4 steps
- Online apply through NSP official portal
- Complete the registration
- Verification by institute/university
- Verification by Ministry
Now we will discuss the registration and application process
- Go to the official NSP site https://scholarships.gov.in
- Check the applicant corner
- Click on “New Registration”
- A new window will open with NSP for AY 2022-23
- Click NSP for AY 2022-23
- Again a new window will open
- Now you will see what documents and details are required during applying for the IGNOU scholarship
- Now you can continue to the next step
- Now you have to fill in all the necessary details like
- State of domicile
- Scholarship Category
- Student name
- Student DOB
- Scheme type
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Bank IFSC code and account number
- Identification details like an Aadhaar card if an Aadhaar card is not available then the bank account’s passbook front page to uploaded (Max size 200 kb in PDF or JEPG format)
- Now you have to solve the captcha
- After that, you can register for NSP
- After registering with NSP, you will get your application id and password at your registered mobile number
- When the registration is completed then you can go back to https://scholarships.gov.in
- check the applicant corner
- Now select Fresh Application
- Submit the application id and password
- Solve the image captcha
- Now you can log in to NSP
- After the login, you can apply for the IGNOU post-matric scholarship
You can also Read DIET Munger- Bihar D.El.Ed Admission, JET Apply, Selection, Courses Bihar D.El.Ed admission UP Scholarship 2023 status check SVMCM Scholarship
Documents Required For IGNOU Scholarship
For graduation or post-graduation level courses, the list of required documents is described. Please check what type of documents are required during the application process
- Caste or category certificate or PVTG certificate
- Income certificate
- Fee receipt
- Your own bank account
- Bank passbook’s front page scan copy
- Last qualifying exam’s mark sheet if your course is semester based then last semester’s mark sheet (renewal students)
- Bona fide certificate
- Aadhaar card
IGNOU Scholarship Benefits
All meritorious students will get benefits after the approval of the IGNOU scholarship.
- Students will get tuition fees through the IGNOU Scholarship program
- Students will also get books purchasing cost benefits
- Stationery benefits
- Students will also get the stipend through the IGNOU scholarship
- Computer and accessories fees
IGNOU Scholarship Amount List For SC
|1||Degree and postgraduate||7000|
|2||Diploma and certificate course||6500|
|3||Diploma, certificate, Degree, and post-graduate course not covered in groups 1 and 2||3000|
|4||Post class 10 level non degree course||2500|
You can also read
IGNOU Scholarship Amount List For ST
|Course||Purpose||ignou scholarship Amount list|
|Graduate and post-graduate level||Tuition fees||Full tuition fees|
|Graduate and post-graduate level||Admission fees||Full admission fees|
|Graduate and post-graduate level||Books and stationery||5000 per year|
|Graduate and post-graduate level||Stipend||3000 per month|
|Graduate and post-graduate level||Computer and accessories||One time 45000 during the course|
IGNOU Scholarship Status Check
There are 2 ways to check the IGNOU scholarship status. The first process is offline and the second process is online.
IGNOU Scholarship Status Check Offline Process
- Visit your Social Welfare office in your state
- Tell them that you want to check your IGNOU scholarship status
- Provide your Ignou scholarship registration details
- They can help you to know the IGNOU scholarship status
IGNOU Scholarship Status Check Online Process
- Visit the official website https://scholarships.gov.in
- Login to https://scholarships.gov.in with your unique application id and password
- If you forgot your application id then you can get it by using your registered mobile number or bank account number.
- If you forgot your password then you can recover it by using your application id and solving the captcha code.
- Now after login, you can check your IGNOU scholarship status
Some Useful contact details of IGNOU and NSP
|IGNOU Telephone Exchange||29571000|
|IGNOU Student Enquiry||29572513, 29572514|
|IGNOU Regional Services||29572412, 29532118|
|NSP helpline||0120 – 6619540|
|NSP mail email@example.com|
|NSP toll-free number||1800118111|
So these are the above steps you can follow for the IGNOU scholarship. I hope you understand all the details about the IGNOU scholarship. Thanks.
FAQ About IGNOU Scholarship
Who can apply for IGNOU Scholarship?
Students belonging to SC, ST, OBC and PWD studying at IGNOU can apply for the scholarship.
If I forgot the NSP application id then what to do?
You can recover it by using your registered mobile number or your bank account number.
If I forgot the NSP password then what to do?
You can get it by using your application id and solving the captcha.
Which app can be used for the IGNOU scholarship application?
The UMANG app can be used for the IGNOU scholarship application.
Is pg student can also apply for ignou scholarship ?
Yes, pg student can also apply for ignou scholarship
how to apply for ignou scholarship?
You can apply for ignou scholarship through offline or online processes.
How to get Ignou Scholarship application form?
You can get the Ignou Scholarship application form from the Directorate of Social Welfare or the Social Welfare Office of your State.