Oasis Scholarship 2023 in studies: Dear aspirants, West Bengal Oasis scholarship is a type of financial help from the West Bengal government for pre-matric and post-matric students who belong to the SC/ST/OBC category and are facing economic problems in order to pursue higher education. This Oasis scholarship’s primary aim is to support students who come from low-income families and backward classes. Thus students need to know about the Oasis scholarship application process, Oasis scholarship verification process, Oasis scholarship’s Status check, the last date of Oasis 2023, the Amount list of Oasis Scholarship for pre-Matric and Post-Matric students, how a student can renewal their previously approved Scholarship at official website oasis.gov.in and I’ve covered everything on this post.
The West Bengal government’s Oasis scholarship’s object is to financially support different kinds of expenses, including tuition fees, buying books, and educational benefits to the students. Oasis scholarship is based on some factors like on a merit basis or financial basis. But the most important condition is you have to belong to West Bengal with SC/ST or OBC category to apply for this Oasis scholarship.
This blog post covers all the necessary details about the Oasis scholarship like eligibility, how can you successfully apply at oasis.gov.in, the Oasis scholarship status check, the amount list, and the extended date for those who skipped previously to apply.
Oasis Scholarship 2023
|Scholarship Name||Oasis Scholarship|
|Offered by||West Bengal Government|
|Scholarship Category||Pre-matric Scholarship|
|Beneficiary||SC, ST, and OBC students|
|Registration started||July 2023|
|Last date of application||31.10.2023|
|SC & OBC Centrally Sponsored Schemes||31.07.2023|
Oasis Scholarship is a very good initiative move of the Backward Class Welfare Department under the West Bengal Govt. The move has opened a new door for pre-matric and post-matric scholarships to students belonging to SC, ST, and OBC categories. Any type of educational financial assistance starting from tuition fees to hostel charges can be availed by SC/ST/OBC students through this Oasis scholarship.
Through this scholarship, students can overcome any kind of financial problems related to their studies. Not only that but by renewing this scholarship in the future, they will be able to take their studies further. So through this scholarship, they are getting good financial support from the Backward Class Welfare Department and tribal development department of West Bengal Govt.
Latest Oasis scholarship Status 2023
The Oasis scholarship online application process started for the 2023 session on July 2023 and the final submission date was 31.10.2023.
|Oasis Scholarship Steps||Date for 2023-24|
|Oasis Scholarship Registration||31.10.2023|
|Institute level Verification||31.10.2023|
|Block/SDO/Municipality level verification||31.10.2023|
|District level verification||31.10.2023|
So the online application process for the Oasis pre-matric scholarship and post-matric scholarship for OBC, SC, and ST students extended to 28.02.2023 for the 2023 session and you can apply now if you’re a new applicant. But remember one point, previously for SC students you had to generate a unique id from (scholarships.gov.in) but now it’s ordered by the government that you have to go directly to the WB Oasis portal for registration or application process for the 2023 session and you don’t need to go NSP or PMSSC for 2023 session. You have to go to the state oasis portal to start your registration at (oasis.gov.in).
|SL. No.||Scholarship name||Category||Issuing authority||Last date|
|1||Oasis pre-matric scholarship||SC||West Bengal Backward Classes Welfare and Tribal Department||31.10.2023|
|2||Oasis pre-matric scholarship||ST||West Bengal Backward Classes Welfare and Tribal Department||31.10.2023|
|3||Oasis post-matric scholarship||SC||West Bengal Backward Classes Welfare and Tribal Department||31.10.2023|
|4||Oasis post-matric scholarship||ST||West Bengal Backward Classes Welfare and Tribal Department||31.10.2023|
|5||Oasis post-matric scholarship||OBC||West Bengal Backward Classes Welfare and Tribal Department||31.10.2023|
Oasis Scholarship: Eligibility Criteria
Oasis means the online application for scholarship in studies and this online application has some eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria recently changed at some points so you should keep this in mind during the first-time application and the registration process. Now I’m going to explain this eligibility as well as the application process for the Oasis scholarship in detail.
- The pre-matric scholarship and post-matric scholarship for SC/ST/OBC students are totally based on financial condition. If the income of the primary earner of a family is too low then their children can take benefit of this Oasis scholarship.
- The pre-matric scholarship for class 9 and class 10 students belonging to the SC category can apply if their annual family income is less than Rs 200000 and the duration of this Oasis scholarship is 10 months.
- The pre-matric scholarship for class 9 and class 10 students belonging to the ST category can apply if their annual family income is less than Rs 200000 and the duration of this Oasis scholarship is 10 months.
- For SC/ST students, the post-matric scholarship is for class 11 and class 12 or you’re a post-matriculation student belonging to SC or ST category can apply if their annual family income is less than Rs 250000 and the duration of this oasis scholarship is 10 months.
- For OBC students, The post-matric scholarship for class 11 and class 12 or you’re a post-matriculation student belonging to the OBC category can apply if their annual family income is less than Rs 100000 and the duration of this Oasis scholarship is 10 months.
|Scheme name||Class||Family Income (annual)||Scheme Duration|
|Pre-matric scholarship for SC||9-10||Rs 2 lakh||10 months|
|Pre-matric scholarship for ST||9-10||Rs 2 lakh||10 months|
|Pre-matric scholarship for OBC||9-10||Rs 44,500||10 months|
|Post-matric scholarship for SC||11-12 or post matriculation||Rs 2.5 lakh||10 months|
|Post-matric scholarship for ST||11-12 or post matriculation||Rs 2.5 lakh||10 months|
|Post-matric scholarship for OBC||11-12 or post matriculation||Rs 1 lakh||10 months|
Oasis Scholarship Amount List, For SC/ST/OBC students
|Scheme name||Duration||Amount list for day scholar||Total amount listed for day scholar||Amount list for hosteller||Total Amount list for hosteller|
|Oasis pre-matric scholarship for SC||10 Months||Rs 150 per month + additional Adhoc Grant Rs 700 per annum||(150*10)+700=|
|Rs 750 per month + additional Adhoc Grant Rs 1000 per annum||(750*10)+1000=|
|Oasis pre-matric scholarship for ST||10 Months||Rs 150 per month + additional Adhoc Grant Rs 700 per annum||(150*10)+700=|
|Rs 750 per month + additional Adhoc Grant Rs 1000 per annum||(750*10)+1000=|
|Oasis pre-matric scholarship for OBC||10 Months||Rs 40 per month from class 5 to 10||(40*10)=400||Rs 40 per month from class 5 to 10|
additional Adhoc Grant Rs 500 for hosteller and D.S.
|Oasis post-matric scholarship for ST/SC||10 Months||Rs 550 per month||(550*10)=5500||Rs 1200 per month||(1200*10)=|
|Oasis post-matric scholarship for OBC||10 Months||Gr.A- 350 per month|
Gr.B – 335 per month
Gr.C- 210 per month
Gr.D- 160 per month
|Gr.A = 3500|
Gr.C = 2100
Gr.D = 1600
|Gr.A- 750 per month|
Gr.B – 510 per month
Gr.C- 400 per month
Gr.D- 260 per month
|Gr.A = 7500|
Gr.C = 4000
Gr.D = 2600
Required documents for the Oasis scholarship
The list of documents required during the application for the Oasis scholarship
- The income certificate of your family
- Your active mobile number
- Date of birth certificate
- Your caste certificate
- Mark sheet of the last examination
- Front copy of your bank passbook that contains name, account number, IFSC code, MICR number
- Copy of your Aadhaar card if Aadhaar card is not available then you can use your enrollment id
- Copy of your Kadhyasathi card
You should remember that you have to submit the scan copy and verify all the above documents at your respective Block Office or Sub-Division Office or the DWO Kolkata office.
Oasis Scholarship: How To Apply Online at Oasis.gov.in?
- First, you have to go to the official oasis site oasis.gov.in
- Select “Student’s registration” and a new tab will open
- Choose the district where your institute is located
- If you study outside of your state then you can choose the district which is your permanent address
- Now you have to verify your SC/ST/OBC category certificate with the certificate number and issuing date.
- Remember to choose the computerized certificate number if you already have one. Otherwise, you have to choose the acknowledgment number from castcertificatewb.gov.in
- So after inputting all the necessary details you have to click on the SUBMIT button to go for the next steps.
- Now you have to fill in your details like your full name, father’s name, address, date of birth, etc
- You have to enter your phone number correctly because you’ll get notified at different times through this mobile number.
- You have to carefully put your family income details with matching your family income certificate.
- Next, you have to put your email id, district, pin code, state details
- Now you have to put your educational qualification details like your current class, previous
- You have to provide your Khadyasathi number and the bank details with IFSC code also
- Next step you have to upload your scanned copy of documents like mark sheet, family income certificate, Khadyasathi card, Bank passbook front page, category certificate, and date of birth certificate with proper size and format like jpg, png or pdf and proceed to SUBMIT button.
- After the final submission, a User id with the password will generate. You have to write it down or print out the acknowledgment slip for future use.
Oasis Scholarship Scanned Documents
- Mark sheet of pre-matric Examination or its equivalent (Both sides)
- Mark sheet of last Board/Council/University/College Examination for post-matric Oasis scholarship
- Income Certificate of your Family
- Khadyasathi card
- Domiciliary certificate as an Aadhaar card Certificate or Aadhaar enrollment id Issued by the concerned authority
- Scan a copy of the front page of the Bank Passbook (Passbook containing Account No., IFSC, and Beneficiary Name)
oasis.gov.in scholarship status check: Track an application
- You have to visit oasis.gov.in and then you have to select “Track an application” to check your application status but you have to select your district first and then log in there.
- To log in you have to put in your user id or serial number (check the acknowledgment slip if you forgot your user id or serial number) and the password which you got during the registration process.
- Now go ahead with selecting the CHECK STATUS button. You can see your application’s current status.
NOTE- If your application is approved, then you can get a confirmed message at your registered mobile number. That’s why you need an active mobile number.
Oasis Scholarship Renewal process for 2023
Now I’m going to talk about the Oasis Scholarship Renewal process if you already registered at Oasis scholarship previously then you don’t need to do too much for the Oasis Scholarship 2023 renewal process.
- First, you have to go to Oasis.gov.in and select RENEW SCHOLARSHIP. A new tab will open
- Now select your DISTRICT where your institute is located or your permanent address.
- Next, you have to log in with your application id/user id and password with a captcha
- After that the login process when completed, you need to check your previously entered details and update them with your current academic details
- Suppose you want to update your bank information so you can do that also during the renewal of the application.
- If you’re a hosteller now then you have to provide that details during the renewal scholarship application.
- Finally, SUBMIT it to RENEW SCHOLARSHIP.
A new renewal scholarship application pdf you will get. Now print that renewal form and submit it to your nearest block office, sub-division office, or DWO office. That’s all
Oasis Scholarship’s User id and Password Recover Process
Suppose you have lost the user id and you have also forgotten the password to log in to the Oasis scholarship portal. So now what to do? Don’t worry. You can recover your user id and password again. You have to just follow some steps.
- Step 1, Go to the official Oasis Scholarship portal
- Step 2, At the homepage, you will see the Registered user login
- Step 3, Click on Registered user login
- Step 4, Select your district and submit
- Step 5, A new tab will open for log in process
- Step 6, Here you’ll also find an option “forgot user id and password“. Just select it
- Step 7, A new page will open and you have to put in some details to find out the user id and password
- Step 8, now fill in all the required details like application type, dob, registered mobile number, category certificate, and application id
- Step 9, after submitting all the necessary details you can get your user id and password
- Step 10, if you also lost your Oasis scholarship application id then you can check your registered email address again to find out the Oasis Scholarship application id.
Oasis Scholarship’s important helpline links
|Oasis scholarship email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Oasis scholarship helpline number||8420023311|
|Oasis Scholarship Grievance Redressal||8420023311|
What to do if Aadhaar is not available in NPCI portal for Oasis Scholarship?
You have to contact your bank if Aadhaar is not available in NPCI portal. You also need to check the DBT status of your bank account. DBT means direct benefit transfer. This function should be enabled in your bank account.
So this is the details information about the Oasis scholarship. I hope this post will help you to get knowledge about Oasis. Thanks to all viewers. That’s all for today.
Disclaimer: Our website never claims that the information is 100% correct because any schemes or scholarship's terms and conditions are depending on the respective authority and that can be change anytime and dietmunger.org have no control over it. So for any query please go to the official site.
What is the full form of OASIS?
Oasis means Online Application For Scholarship In Studies
New Oasis scholarship registration date
For SC, is it required to generate a unique id from NSP for OASIS?
For the 2022-23 session, it’s not required
If the parent’s occupation is uncleaned then what to do?
You have to fill out another online application about the uncleaned occupation.
How to check the Oasis scholarship 2017-18 application status?
You have to visit oasis.gov.in and then you have to select “Track an application” to check your application status
What is the WB Oasis scholarship application process?
You have to visit oasis.gov.in for the application process then you have to select “Student’s registration“. After that, you have to fill in all details with the required documents.
How to check the Oasis scholarship application status?
You have to visit oasis.gov.in and then you have to select “Track an application” to check your application status.
Do you need a Khadyasathi card for the Oasis scholarship?
Yes. You need a Khadyasathi card for the Oasis scholarship.
What is the Oasis scholarship portal email id?
What is the Oasis scholarship helpline number in west bengal?
The oasis scholarship helpline number in West Bengal is 8420023311
What is the Grievance Redressal number of the Oasis scholarship?
The Grievance Redressal number of the Oasis scholarship is 8420023311
What is the district-level verification date for Oasis Scholarship?
The district-level verification date for Oasis Scholarship is 31.10.2023.
What is the official site of the BCW department of West Bengal?
http://www.anagrasarkalyan.gov.in is the official site of BCW Department of West Bengal
What is the Oasis scholarship amount for b ed students
The Oasis scholarship’s per session duration is 10 months so according to 550 per month, the B.ed student will get Rs 5500.
What is the Oasis scholarship block/SDO/municipality level verification extended date?
The Oasis scholarship block/SDO/municipality level verification extended date is 31.10.2023
What type of scholarship are available at Oasis.gov.in?
Two types of scholarship are available at Oasis.gov.in. Pre-matric scholarship and post-matric scholarship