National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS Scholarship) is a Central sector Scheme of Department of School Education and Literacy Government of India. Meritorious students of economically weaker families can participate in this scholarship. Also students from any caste and who appearing class 8 final exam can apply for this scholarship can apply for this scholarship scheme. But for this, the student has to obtain 55% marks in the class 8 final exam and appear in the NMMSS exam and get qualifying marks in it. After that they can take the benefit of this scholarship scheme.
However, the student must be studying in a government, government funded, or local body type of school. The last NMMSS exam was held on January 22, 2023. After qualified in the MAT and SAT test with an aggragate of 40% for UR and 32% for SC/ST, students can apply for this scholarship through the National scholarship portal (NSP).
NMMSS Scholarship Form 2024
To apply for National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme, students have to complete the registration process by visiting scholarships.gov.in portal and then fill up the NMMSS Scholarship form. A student have to enter his basic details, personal address, academic details in the NMMSS form. The last apply date for NMMSS Scholarship is February 9, 2024.
If there is any problem or error in the application then the date of re-verification of that application is 15th February 2024. The date of institute verification is 15th February 2024 and the last verification date by DNO/SNO/MNO is 26th February 2024. Students whose annual family income is less than Rs 3,50,000 can take the benefit of this scholarship. beneficiary students will get Rs 12000 per year as a financial assistance for their study.
|NATIONAL MEANS CUM MERIT SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME (NMMSS)
|Department of School Education and Literacy
|Reduce the dropout rate of school students
|Students from Economically Weaker Section
|Students appearing in class 8 final exam
|Selection test required
|Selection test Marks
|Minimum 55% Marks required in Class 8
SC/ST students can get 5% relaxation
|Rs 12,000 per year
|February 9, 2024
|Annual Family Income
|Below Rs 3,50,000
Also, the students who are in class 8 must score a minimum of 55% marks in the final exam to participate in the selection test, but in that case SC and ST category students will get a relaxation of 5% marks. Now no need to add any bank account to apply for NMMSS scholarship. This is a new update of NSP portal through which beneficiary students will their fetch student’s bank account on NSP portal through bank and Aadhaar card seeding process.
NMMSS Scholarship 2024 Eligibility
- Meritorious students can apply
- Students from economically weaker families are eligible to apply
- Annual family income of a student’s family must be below Rs 3,50,000
- Minimum 55% marks required in the class 8 final exam. For SC/ST the required there will be a relaxation of 5%.
- Student must pass the MAT and SAT test with an aggregate of 40%. For SC/ST, it will be 32%.
- Student must have government issued income certificate.
- Must have aadhar card.
- Aadhaar seeded bank account is also required for latest NSP scholarship application.
- For renewal, 60% marks is required in class 10 final exam.
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship NMMSS Apply Online in 2024
Those students who have selected in NMMSS exam which was held on January 22, 2023, they have to apply for Fresh Registration at NSP portal for class 9 scholarship. Previously selected students for academic year 2022, 2021, 2020 who are already getting benefits can only renew their application. Lets check the apply online process.
- Visit the NSP portal scholarships.gov.in for a Fresh Registration. If you don’t know how to do Fresh registration at NSP portal then you can also check my another post regarding NSP scholarship Login, Registration, Renewal , Status Check
- One important thing is, you have to complete the NSP registration through your Aadhaar number. Because only aadhaar seeded bank account are fetched by NSP. So check the NPCI Mapper status. If you don’t have any aadhaar linked bank account then go to your bank and link it.
- After the registration, you’ll get your User ID and Password at your registered phone number and email account.
- Log in to your NSP dashboard via your login credentials.
- Complete the NMMSS application form with your Personal details, Academic details. Provide some additional information like Marital status, parents profession, UID number, Gurdian name etc. Enter contact details and select the scheme to apply.
- Finally upload your institute verified bonafied certificate. (Get the bonafied certificate form during the application)
- Do the Final submit.
Application Status Check for NMMS Scholarship
- Step 1, Visit NSP portal scholarships.gov.in.
- step 2, Now go to Previous Year Application Status from Applicant corner.
- Step 3, Select academic year and application type fresh or renewal.
- Step 4, Enter login credentials.
- Step 5, Finally check your application status.
Renewal of National Means cum Merit Scholarship (NMMS)
The renewal of this NMMSS scholarship scheme is only applicable when a student passed the final exam with good academic marks. Lets check the renewal process.
- Visit NSP website scholarships.gov.in.
- Go to Renewal application under Applicant corner.
- Now Login.
- Update phone number if required.
- Update your present institute.
- Re enter your aadhaar number.
- Enter admission/ enrollment number or registration number and class start date.
- Upload bonafied certificate and.
- Finally submit the renewal form.
What is the NMMS scholarship last date?
09 February 2024
From which website we can apply for NMMSS scholarship?
Through the scholarships.gov.in website.