National Scholarship for Post Graduate Studies is a national scholarship scheme initiative by the University Grants Commission (MHRD) whose main objective is to provide financial assistance to first Post graduate degree students for their higher studies. The scholarship scheme is a 2 years scholarship scheme. The last date of this scholarship is 15th January 2024.
However, students must keep in mind that the institute under which they wish to participate in this scholarship programme, the institute must have a valid AISHE code. Interested applicants must go to the National Scholarship Portal https://scholarships.gov.in or NSP to complete the apply process before the specified date.
National Scholarship For Post Graduate Studies
Through this scholarship screen 10000 National Scholarships will be awarded through NSP portal. The selected students will get Rs 15,000 per month in their bank account through direct benefit transfer method. Student’s age must be below 30 years old at the time of admission. Beneficiary students will get the money of this scholarship scheme for ten months in a year. So they will get a total of Rs 1.5 lakh per year as financial assistance for their higher studies. However, 30% of the total scholarship slots will be reserved for female students. So interested students can apply for the scholarship scheme before the last date 15th January 2024.
National Scholarship for Post Graduate Studies scheme is entirely a merit based scholarship scheme. Students enrolled in first year post graduate courses can avail the benefit of this scheme in pursuing their dreams of higher studies if they have obtained their recognized undergraduate degree from an institute recognized under the University Grants Commission Act.
National Scholarship For Post Graduate Studies Overview
|National Scholarship For Post Graduate Studies
|University Grants commission (MHRD)
|Financial support for higher studies
|No. of Scholarships
|Rs 15,000 per month
|Amount Transfer Mode
|15th January 2024
|https://www.ugc.gov.in or NSP Portal
Eligibility of National Scholarship For Post Graduate Studies
Before the NSP portal registration and login for Nation Scholarship for PG studies, student must know their eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria is as follows
- All students who are enrolled in first year post graduate courses can participate in this scholarship program.
- If a student has already obtained a post graduate degree, they cannot participate in this scholarship program.
- The scholarship will be awarded only on the post graduate component if the programme is an integrated programme.
- Students must be below 30 years of age when they take admission in the Post Graduate Programme.
- Only students enrolled in regular or full-time courses can participate in this scholarship program
- The University, College or Institute must have a valid AISHE Code to access the National Scholarship Portal.
- Students of Open Education or Distance Education cannot participate in this scholarship program.
- The University, College or Institute must be fully funded by the Central or State Government
- Students will be eligible to receive only one scholarship so the students will not be able to take any other scholarship or fellowship benefit from any other source.
- If a student is already receiving the benefit of any other scholarship, then they should mention that in their application and if they are selected in the scheme of National Scholarship for Post Graduate Studies, then they should either cancel their previous scholarship scheme or the selected National Scholarship scheme.
National Scholarship For Post Graduate Studies Registration at NSP
- Visit NSP portal @ scholarships.gov.in
- Navigate to Applicant Corner option.
- Now select New Registration.
- Check the guidelines and continue
- Select I have aadhaar/ I have EID/I don’t have aadhaar (The option I have aadhaar is recommended)
- Now enter aadhaar registered mobile number, get the OTP and enter the OTP.
- Solve the captcha and verify
- Now you’re able to see the CIDR data as per aadhaar details
- Select scholarship type, category of the scholarship, father’s name, mother’s name, domicile, email id, solve the captcha.
- Also check NPCI Mapper status of your bank account
- Click on register.
- Now you can see your NSP registration number and you will get the password in your registered phone number.
This way a student can register in the scholarship portal. Now you have to login on the NSP portal to fill the application form.
National Scholarship For Post Graduate Studies Online Apply
To apply for the National Scholarship for Post Graduate Studies, students must login to the NSP portal scholarships.gov.in. After that they can apply for the scholarship. The steps are as follows
- Visit the above mentioned portal
- Navigate to Fresh application under login
- Login with your credentials such as application id and password
- Enter general information such as applicant’s name, father’s name, Annual family income, applicant’s category etc
- Now enter your academic details such as institute selection, Present course details, Present registration number, previous final result details, present year admission details, institute/college/board details, class 10 and class 12 academic details (Roll number, board, year of passing, % of marks obtained) competative exam details (if applicable) etc.
- In the others details section, you have to provide PH details (if applicable), UDID no.,marital status, parent’s profession etc.
- Now click on Save and continue
- Now enter your contact details and also check your scheme details.
- Upload required documents
- Finally submit the application form.
- Print your application form.
- Bonafied certificate (verify it from your institute)
- Joining cum verification certificate for PG (This form should be filled and verified by the institute)
- Scan copy of last qualified exam’s marksheet
Application Status Check for National Scholarship For Post Graduate Studies
- Step 1, Go to NSP official portal scholarships.gov.in.
- step 2, Navigate to the Previous Year Application Status option from Applicant corner.
- Step 3, Select academic year, then also select fresh or renewal.
- Step 4, Enter applicant ID, password and solve the captcha.
- Step 5, Check your application status.
Renewal of National Scholarship For Post Graduate Studies
The renewal of this Scholarship scheme is only applicable when a student obtained good academic marks and attendence for their first degree courses. Lets check the renewal process.
- Go to scholarships.gov.in portal
- Select Renewal application under Applicant corner
- Login to your account with your login credential
- Now you have to update your e-kyc with OTP authentication to verify
- After the e-kyc, check the UIDAI data
- Click on apply for renewal
- At first update your institute. (if you checked that after updating the institute name, its not updated then simply log out and login)
- Enter annual family income, email address, day scholar/hosteler details, present class year, previous class start date, previous class percentage, registration no, admission year etc
- Upload bonafied certificate and
- Finally submit the renewal form
NSP and UGC Important contacts
|National scholarship portal Ph no
|0120 – 6619540
|Technical Mail (NSP Portal)
|UGC Phone number
|PFMS mail contact
|PFMS phone contact
|1800 118 111
What is the last date of National Scholarship for Post graduate studies?
The last date of this scholarship is 15th January 2024
How much financial assistance will be provided through the scholarship scheme?
Rs 15,000 per month for 10 months in a year. The scheme duration is 2 years but you have to renew your application in the next year. The renewal approval is depending on the good academic marks and attendence of a student’s first degree courses.
How many scholarships are awarded by this scheme?