ABC ID or Academic Bank of Credits ID is a virtual credit-based significant centralized initiative of the Ministry of Education and Meity, Government of India established by UGC. The main vision of ABC (Academic Bank of Credits) is to improve student mobility in higher educational institutions (HEIs) and modernize the education system by creating a credit based platform for students.
Students can register and generate ABC ID very easily by visiting @ ABC.gov.in. Every Student acquires knowledge and skills through their educational journey and the educational outcomes are accumulated by a digital credit transfer system which is known as ABC (Academic Bank of Credits) and after registering @ abc.gov.in students are able to generate a 12 digit unique ID in pdf format which contains the ID number, student name, DOB, gender which is called ABC ID Card.
ABC ID Login
Students need a Digilocker account to create an ABC ID. After creating the ID, students can view their academic learning outcome by log in to the ABC portal @ abc.gov.in with their registered mobile number, username, or student ID and PIN. The learning outcomes that a student acquires along the learning journey are the skills, academic awards and knowledge. Based on these learning outcomes, credit is accumulated in a student’s ABC ID through the credit transfer system. The main key feature of this ABC framework is credits can be transferred or redeemed from one institution to another by student’s choice and through ABC ID login @ abc.gov.in, students can check all these processes easily.
ABC ID Overview
|Scheme name||ABC ID|
|Concept||Centralized credit transfer, accumulation, redemption framework|
|Authority||Ministry of Education and Government of India and Meity|
|Benefits||Learning flexibility, Student mobility|
|ABC full form||Academic Bank Of Credits|
|Total ID created||2.46 Cr|
Create ABC ID @ abc.gov.in and get ABC ID pdf
To create ABC ID first of all we need to go to official portal abc.gov.in or Academic Bank of Credits portal and complete the registration process there. For account creation @abc.gov.in, we need a Digi locker account. Digi Locker account creation process can be done in two ways Like we can create it by redirecting from the official portal of the academic bank of credits to Digi locker portal or we can complete the signup process by going to digilocker.meripehchaan.gov.in portal. You can create ABC ID by log in with Digilocker’s login credentials. The process is as follows
- Visit the abc portal (abc.gov.in)
- Click on my account then student
- You will be redirected to digilocker.meripehchaan.gov.in
- Now click on sign up
- Enter your aadhaar linked mobile number and generate an OTP
- Enter the OTP
- Enter Full name, create user name, create 6 digit pin and confirm same pin again
- Click on verify
- Now complete Aadhaar authentication with otp and sign in to DigiLocker
- Find New in DigiLocker or you can click on View all and search ABC in the search bar
- Click on Academic Bank of Credits
- Enter your name (As mentioned in your Aadhaar card), date of birth, gender, institution type (college/university), institution name
- Check the consent
- Select get document
- Now you’re able to view your issued ID document in DigiLocker’s issued documents category
- Again click on ABC ID Card and open
- ABC ID pdf will download
ABC ID Benefits
- Through multiple entry and exit features, ABC ID enables academic student mobility
- Flexibility in the education system is also an important benefit
- Student can learn from anywhere
- Academic credit transfer benefits through virtual credit mechanism
- Recognized academic attainment
Useful ABC ID Related Portals
What is the ABC ID official portal?
abc.gov.in is the ABC ID’s official portal.
What is the full form of ABC?
The full form of ABC is Academic Bank of Credits.
What are the benefits of ABC ID?
Students can get Learning flexibility, Student mobility benefits through ABC ID