UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme is a meritorious and DBT mode scholarship scheme for EWS category students from North Eastern Region i.e. Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya and Nagaland. The main objective of ISHAN UDAY Scholarship is to provide financial assistance from Rs 5400 to Rs 7800 per month to about 10,000 scholarships for meritorious students for their higher education, Professional studies purposes and increase the GER ratio. The students of the universities which have fully funded by the Central or State Government are eligible to apply in this Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme. The last date of UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme is 31-12-2023. Applicant can check their ISHAN UDAY status at scholarships.gov.in
Since this ISHAN UDAY scholarship program is a special scholarship scheme implemented by the University Grants Commission or UGC. It should be noted that all students admitted to the first year undergraduate course and whose annual family income is less than 4.5 lakh rupees i.e. those who belong to the economically weaker section Only those students are eligible to apply in this ISHAN UDAY Special scholarship scheme.
UGC ISHAN UDAY Scholarship Scheme 2023-24
The Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme is awarded fresh 10,000 scholarships each year for undergraduate students of the North Eastern Region who are enrolled in the first year.The Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme will be very helpful for those students who are from EWS category or low income families and also have passed 10+2 class. But to apply for this scholarship, the student must remember that the list of approved students in this scholarship is made based on the marks of the last qualified exam, that is, those who have good marks in the last qualified exam, the chances of getting approved for this Ishan Uday scholarship are very high.
The UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship program is divided into two slots which include general degree course students such as B Com, BBA, BSC, or BA and technical, medical, paramedical or any profssional course. Student will get admission in general courses, if the scholarship is approved, they will get an amount of Rs.5400 per month in their bank account via DBT process. And those who will get admission in technical, medical, paramedical or any other professional courses then they will get 7800 rupees per month if this ISHAN UDAY scholarship is approved.
As this scholarship program is aimed at undergraduate students, students can visit the notice section of ugc.ac.in to check their application procedure, notice, and result. And to apply for this scholarship program, students have to go to the official portal of NSP scholarships.gov.in. After the approval, students will get the UGC ISHAN UDAY Scholarship scheme benefit amount via Direct Benefit Transfer Process.
Scholarships.gov.in UGC ISHAN UDAY Scholarship Scheme Overview
|Scholarship Name||UGC Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme|
|Implemented by||The University Grants Commission or UGC|
|Eligible Region||North Eastern Region|
|Beneficiary||Economical weaker section category students|
|Amount Transfer Mode||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Institute application Verification Portal||nsp.gov.in|
UGC ISHAN UDAY Scholarship Scheme Eligibility
There are some eligibility criteria you must follow before applying for the UGC ISHAN UDAY Scholarship Scheme. Lets check the eligibility criteria.
- You can also read
- DIET Munger- Bihar D.El.Ed Admission, JET Apply, Selection, Courses
- Bihar D.El.Ed admission
- UP Scholarship 2023 status check
- SSP Scholarship scheme
- IGNOU Scholarship
- Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
- ISHAN UDAY Scholarship
- Tata Capital Pankh Scholarship
- France Excellence Eiffel Scholarship
- APAAR ID Registration, login and Benefits
- Students from North Eastern Region who have passed class 12 and admitted to first year undergraduate course are eligible to apply.
- Students from State Government or Central Government’s Fully funded Institutes affiliated to ICSE, CBSE, NIOS etc. Boards are eligible to apply for this Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme.
- Only students who are enrolled in first year undergraduate courses can apply for this scholarship, but in this case, it should be noted that if a student has already obtained the degree of undergraduate course, cannot apply for this scholarship.
- Students who are enrolled in integrated courses or dual degree courses. In that case, the scholarship will be applicable only for the undergraduate component.
- Only students enrolled in regular or full-time undergraduate courses can participate in this scholarship program in case of distance or open education courses or if the students are enrolled in a private institute, then they can’t participate in this scholarship program.
- Students admitted under Management Quota cannot apply for Isan Uday Scholarship Scheme.
- Students must hold a valid North Eastern Region Domicile Certificate.
- Only students belonging to EWS or Economically Weaker Section category can apply for this scholarship scheme.
- Annual family income of students must be below 4.5 lakh rupees
- Diploma course students are not eligible to apply
- Student need an aadhaar seeded bank account
UGC ISHAN UDAY Scholarship Scheme Benefits
- General degree course students will get Rs 5400 per month for 10 months
- Technical, Medical, Paramedical or any other professional course’s students will get Rs 7800 per month
UGC ISHAN UDAY Scholarship Scheme Application Form Fill Up Process
- First you have to register at NSP portal scholarships.gov.in. If you don’t know how to register at NSP portal and login to NSP portal then you can read my another post. You must remember that aadhaar based ekyc is required for applying at NSP portal
- Now go to Applicant Corner.
- Select Application Submission for AY 2023-24 for UGC ISHAN UDAY Scholarship
- After that select Fresh Application.
- Login with your login credential such as the Applicant ID, and password (date of birth).
- Solve the captcha.
- Complete the application process including the personal information like applicant’s name, father’s name, Annual income details, category of the applicant (EWS) etc.
- Now fill academic details such as Present UGC course, previous year’s (Class 12) final result details, present year admission details, institute/college/board details.
- Students need to provide additional details like family’s source of income
- After providing all the necessary details you have to provide your contact details, and you have to select scheme details. In the scheme details section you have to select ISHAN UDAY Scholarship For North eastern region
- Now Upload required documents which like EWS certificate, income certificate, domicile certificate, Admission fee Receipt, class 12 mark sheet, etc.
- Finally click the submit button.
- A fill-up form will be generated.
- Now take a printout of the application.
- After the submission, the candidate has to wait for the official verification process.
ISHAN UDAY Scholarship Renewal
The renewal of ISHAN UDAY Scholarship scheme is only applicable for those students who have obtained good marks, good attendence for first degree courses.
- Candidates only need to fill the details of the next enrolled course for next year.
- The details of the institute and board during the period of the course
- Student can update their bank account.
- Upload all the necessary details regarding your present course in the NSP scholarship portal scholarship.gov.in.
Required Documents For ISHAN UDAY Scholarship
Here are the list of required documents for ISHAN UDAY Scholarship
- Aadhaar card of the student.
- Mobile number (Aadhaar linked).
- Passport-size photograph of the candidate.
- Class 12 mark sheet.
- Class 10 mark sheet
- EWS certificate.
- Present course fee receipt.
- Domicile certificate of the candidate
- Annual family income certificate
- Aadhaar seeded bank account
ISHAN UDAY Scholarship Status Check
- Step 1, Visit NSP scholarship portal scholarships.gov.in.
- step 2, Now the candidate has to select the Previous Year Application Status option.
- Step 3, After opening the new tab, select the academic year, then select fresh for new applicant or renewal for old applicant.
- Step 4, Then use your applicant ID, and password and solve the captcha to log in at the NSP portal.
- Step 5, Check your ISHAN UDAY application status.
FAQ Of ISHAN UIDAY Scholarship
Can a diploma student can apply for ISHAN UDAY Scholarship?
No. ISHAN UDAY Scholarship is only applicable for first year under graduate students.
What is the annual family income limit for ISHAN UDAY Scholarship?
4.5 lakh rupees
What is the Official portal of ISHAN UDAY Scholarship?
You can apply through National scholarship portal scholarships.gov.in