Commonwealth scholarship 2023/2024: Keeping in mind the objective of international development, the UK government through CSC or Commonwealth Scholarship Commission has opened a door to highly talented and motivated students from all the eligible countries that comprise the Commonwealth. Talented students from eligible Commonwealth countries whose financial status is not so advanced and who cannot afford to go to the UK or the United Kingdom to complete their Master’s degree can come under this scholarship program and complete their Master’s degree directly from the UK. Candidates can participate in the scholarship program by visiting the Commonwealth Scholarship official website cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk and selecting their country of residence very easily.
This csc or Commonwealth Scholarship Commission is playing a very important role in taking the world’s progress one step further through their scholarship program. This scholarship program is basically an agency-nominated master’s program through which it is possible to get an opportunity to study a full-time master’s degree at a UK university with financial assistance.
Commonwealth Scholarship 2023/2024
Through the Commonwealth scholarship programme, meritorious students will take a step towards sustainable development and they can take advantage of the Commonwealth scholarship to study full-time Masters in the United Kingdom and complete their Masters course from the UK. The Commonwealth Scholarship Program is funded by the FCDO or Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office formerly known as the Department of International Development. Mainly with international development and prosperity in mind, these scholarships are offered by the UK Government through their Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) which operates under the framework of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan.
There are 7 types of commonwealth scholarships are offered by Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC).
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships programme ( low income or low developed commonwealth countries)
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships programme ( high income commonwealth countries)
- Split site Commonwealth Scholarships programme
- Professional Fellowships Commonwealth Scholarship programme
- Master’s Commonwealth Scholarships programme
- Distance Learning Commonwealth Scholarships programme
- Shared Commonwealth Scholarships programme
Commonwealth Scholarship Overview
|Scholarship Name||Commonwealth Scholarship|
|Offered by||Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC)|
|Funded by||Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO)|
|Beneficiary||Meritorious and talented students|
|Eligible Degrees||Masters, PhD, Fellowship, Distance learning, Split site, Shared|
|Countries||Eligible Commonwealth Countries|
|Application deadline||October 17, 2023|
|Commonwealth Scholarship application portal||cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk|
|Commonwealth Scholarship official website||cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk|
|Complaint help firstname.lastname@example.org|
Commonwealth Scholarship Eligibility
Students must also have a good idea about the eligibility criteria to participate in the Commonwealth Scholarship Programme so now we will discuss about that.
- Student must be a citizen of an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Eligible Commonwealth country’s Permanent resident
- Student must be available to start their academic study in september 2024 in UK
- Student need to hold minimum honors standard upper second class (2:1) first degree or lower 2nd class or equivalent postgraduate degree.
- For professional fellowship Commonwealth scholarship, you must have 5 years of full or part time work experience on the fellowship subject
- You must have all the required documents
How to apply for Commonwealth Scholarship?
The Nominating Agency plays an important role in participating in the Commonwealth Scholarship Programme. Therefore, a student must follow and match all the eligibility criteria provided by the nominating agency, and additionally, if there is any additional information provided by the nominating agency about the eligibility criteria, they should also be followed while applying for the Commonwealth Scholarship. So the steps are given here to solve any doubts during the apply process.
- Step 1 visit the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) portal cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk for the applying process
- Step 2 Now you have to find the ‘Apply’ option and mostly you can find it in the cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk portal’s header navigation part. Now select the Apply option.
- Step 3 Now you have to choose the country that you’re the permanent resident and click on search. You must remember that the country must be an eligible commonwealth country.
- Step 4 Now choose the commonwealth scholarship you want to apply.
- Step 5 Now a new page will open and you have to find Completing application form option and select complete the online application form.
- Step 6 Now if you’re already a registered user then you can simply log in but if you’re a new user then you have to register. The new user registration process is also described.
- Step 7 Finally review all the steps carefully and submit your application.
Commonwealth Scholarship New User Registration
- For new user registration, you have to select New user in the log in menu and you will find this option in the ‘complete the online application form‘ page
- Use your mail id and create a strong password and select next
- Select your country of resident and proceed to next
- Select your preferred UK’s university and save the progress
- Now you have to fill your personal details like title, name, surname, town/city, state, postal code, permanent address, country, mobile phone number, nationality, date of birth, gender and proceed to next
- Now this part is related to Equity and Diversity related and here you have to also provide your marital status, parent’s occupation, parent’s education, economical status of your family and then proceed to next
- This part is related to your Academic Record like institution country, institution name, awarded qualification, grade and date of award
- Now you have to provide your employment details
- After that you have to select References
- In the next step you have to provide the development Impact statement details
- There after you have to provide your personal Statement and Leadership Experience
- Then you have to upload scan copy of your supporting documents like passport
- After that a Checklist and Confirmation page will open and you have to choose options correctly.
- Finally you can register
Commonwealth Scholarship Awards
- Financial assistance like airfare (home country to UK and UK to home country)
- Tuition fees
- Visa costs
- Living allowance from 1,347 (£) pm or £1,652 (£) pm
- Warm clothing allowance
- Study travel allowance
- Family allowance
- International passport required
- For fellowship, work experience documents required but not for all commonwealth scholarship programmes.
- For PhD scholarship purposes, if you belong from high income countries then you have to provide the offer letter during the application process.
Commonwealth Scholarship Selection Criteria
- Academic merits like examination result, tutor reports about you, academic transcripts, awards etc
- For PhD, quality of research proposal reviewed by the CSC like candidate’s clear thought about his research journey, candidate’s clarity and expression about the research etc
- The selection criteria is graded based
FAQ related to Commonwealth Scholarship
Who can apply for commonwealth scholarship?
Eligible commonwealth country’s students can apply who have proper required documents.
Who fund commonwealth scholarship?
Commonwealth Scholarship Program is funded by the FCDO or Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office